Sunday, February 17, 2008

ODI retirement from Ganguly

Sourav Ganguly ( Bengal Tiger) has announced that he would take retirement from the limited period within next 7-8 months. Ganguly told, “Selectors asked me whether I wanted to continue one-day cricket. I said, yes definitely, at least for the next 7-8 months”.

Ganguly told in an interview with private news channel, “There is not much of ODI cricket this year. This is Australia series then India goes to Sri Lanka for Test & ODI, so there are five ODI & there is Champions Trophy in September & rest of the year is full of Test cricket. So I wanted to play till September then surely take retirement”.

Sourav Ganguly “Dada” said, “I was a bit surprised because I didn’t expect it. But, all I can say for sure is that it is not on the basis of form”. The former skipper said he was “irritated” by whatever was being written about him in the media in last couple of years, since he was dropped from the team & lost the captaincy.

“It’s very irritating. I need to be treated as a player & that is every player’s right & to be honest that’s the fact, for last.

No comments: